Information Security Engineer
INNO4’s Information Security Engineer will be focused on engineering Palo Alto Networks (PA) Next Generation Firewall solutions, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers and requires in-depth knowledge of modern Internet security and threats.
Job responsibilities include:
- Lead engineering efforts of PA projects from pre-sales to post implementation support
- Take ownership of advanced ‘proof of concept’ testing
- Provide engineering, design consultation and best practice guidance for implementing Palo Alto Networks technologies
- Configure and implement PA deployments
- Provide analysis of modern malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs)
- Work with VP of Technology and Director of Information Security Services to create requirements and product features for INNO4 customers
- May require after hours on call maintenance support for PA systems (remote and onsite)
INNO4 is a highly entrepreneurial, high velocity environment. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be self-motivated. Qualified applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of experience as a firewall or security engineer
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- In-depth knowledge of the modern Internet security threat landscape, including how modern malware and advanced persistent threats function
- Knowledge of technologies for dealing with modern threats (WildFire, Sourcefire, FireEye, etc.)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Experience installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Virtualization and SDN experience including design, configuration, and orchestration technology or willingness to learn and lead
- Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) and Certified Network Security Engineer (CNSE) or ability to achieve within 6 months of start
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizational ability and time management skills
Ideal candidates will have one or more of the following:
- Experience working in the enterprise networking security space
- Self-motivation and the ability to project a positive attitude
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Prior engineering experience with network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to:
- SSL/IPSec VPNs
- Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the PA appliances
This is a great opportunity to work for a dynamic, growing company. We look forward to having you join our highly motivated and expanding team!
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
INNO4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are subject to successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screening.