Wireless LAN Engineer
This role will be a subject matter expert in wireless and mobility network architecture, design, planning, assessment, and implementation. In addition, the WLAN will provide direct “hands-on” support for projects and current implementations. You will be responsible for escalation support for wireless incidents, providing recommendations and initiating necessary corrective action to insure optimal wireless network performance.
Job responsibilities include:
- Design and build custom applications
- Design, plan, establish, and optimize wireless networks
- Develop wireless network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization
- Configure and test access points
- Test connectivity with remote field personnel
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch
- Design and validate RF link performance, quality, and reliability
- Optimize existing network by adjusting radio network parameters, adding/deleting of neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems
- Monitor and analyze statistical and drive test data to improve system performance indicators such as dropped calls, blocked calls, origination failures, handoff features
- Apply propagation theory, cellular theory, RF Engineering tools and antenna theory to choose tower antenna placement
- Recommend site upgrade such as down tilling of antenna and re-orientation of radio additions
- Lead and supervise teams
- Train and mentor other field engineers
INNO4 is a highly entrepreneurial, high velocity environment. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be self-motivated. Qualified applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Experience with measuring and diagnostic tools such as Air Magnet
- Experience with controller based WiFi networks, security measures, threat countermeasures
- Proficiency with predictive modeling designs for Wireless deployments
- Internet detection countermeasures
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizational ability and time management skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to project a positive attitude
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
Ideal candidates will have one or more of the following:
- Experience with the following WLAN solutions
- Aruba Networks
- Proficiency with tools and utilities for managing large WiFi networks including Cisco WCS and Aruba Airwave
- DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems) experience
Travel is required.
This is a great opportunity to work for a dynamic, growing company. We look forward to having you join our highly motivated and expanding team!
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
INNO4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are subject to successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screening.